With the improvement of people’s awareness of safety, an increasingly people are prefer to chose eco-friendly decoration materials. And flooring is essential in decoration ,with the emergence of new products in recent years , giving people more choices, and SPC flooring is a high performance product that stands out among many new floor decoration materials. However, how much do you know about SPC flooring?
What is SPC (RVP) flooring ?
SPC flooring (stone plastic composite), also called RVP (rigid vinyl plank) , it is a new type of eco-friendly composite material product , which is mainly made of calcium powder, polyvinyl chloride and other materials in a certain proportion. This new flooring products with the features of zero formaldehyde, mildew resistance, moisture resistance, fireproof , insect resistance, and simple installation.
SPC flooring Structure
- UV surface treatment : a coating formed by curing UV oil with a curing agent. This layer determines the Anti -fouling ability of the floor and the ability to protect the printing layer ;
- wear layer:The thickness of this layer is about 0.3mm ,transparency and strong adhesion, scratch resistance, wear-resistance coefficient can reach 6000-8000 revolutions. it is the most critical layer to determine the degree of wear resistance of the floor;
- printing layer: It is the decorative layer of various wood grains, marble grains , and carpet texturing that we can directly see, which can meet your needs for different occasions and tastes;
- SPC base layer :A composite board made of stone powder and thermoplastic polymer material ,which is stirred uniformly and then extruded at high temperature . It has both of wood and plastic properties and characteristics , so this floor has good toughness.
- Bottom mute layer (optional): Mainly to increase sound -absorption effect and comfortable foot feel.
SPC floor product process
Automatic measurement according to the proportion of raw materials → high speed mixer hot mixing (hot mixing temperature : 125 ℃ , function: uniform mixing of
various materials ，eliminating the moisture of the materials) → entering the cold mixing (cooling the materials , prevent agglomeration and discoloration , cold mixing temperature: 55 ℃. ) → cooling mixed uniform materials ;
Step 2: Extruding
Putting the mixed uniformed materials into the twin-screw extruder for heating extrusion → enter the sheet die to extrude , the formed sheet passes through the four-roll calender , fixing the base material thickness → printing layer →wear layer → cooling → cutting ;
Step 3: UV Coating
Surface UV → Tempering (Tempering hot water temperature: 80 ~ 120 ℃; Cold water temperature: 10 ℃)
Step 4: grooving ＆packaging
Cutting → Slotting, Trimming, Chamfering → Inspection → Packaging
OK , that’s all for today’s lecture ,now do you know more about SPC vinyl plank ?